Join the Library
All Wairoa District residents can join the library free of charge. To register, please fill out and print the registration form, and bring it to the library with your identification and proof of residential address (i.e. a recent bank statement, bill etc.) Alternatively, you can apply online. Children under 16 years must have their application signed by a parent or caregiver.
If you wish to only use our eInfo or eBooks then, apply for eAccess by emailing us with your name and your membership number (it is on your library card.)
eBooks - Wheelers ePlatform
We are part of a consortium of libraries with shared access to eBook collection. NZ Libraries ebook collection are buying EBooks to share so that we can increase your choice. To log in to the portal to the collection you need your library card number but first you need to contact the library to get a password.
We use the Wheelers ePlatform lending facility. On this website you will be able to checkout and download eBooks in epub and pdf formats. eBooks can be viewed online or downloaded to a compatible portable device. In most instances to read a loan eBook you will first need an application downloaded to your device (e.g. computer, reader or smartphone).
Further details are available on the Wheelers ePlatform website. Library eBook titles are encrypted with DRM (Digital Rights Management). To read DRM protected eBooks you may have to enter an Adobe ID on the device you want to use.
You can do a lot online these days, including here on our Wairoa Library Website
To check if the library holds a copy of a book you can search our online database - Click on the bookcase
You can change the filters, if you find the Wairoa Public Library does not hold the title you are interested in, to see if any other library in NZ holds it. We can interloan titles from other libraries in NZ (at a fixed cost stated below), so contact us to enquire whether it is possible for the title you are interested in.
To access you account - Follow these simple steps in the link below
Through completing the steps above, you can also renew your books online.
Books are issued for three weeks.
Best-Sellers Books are issued for 10 days at a cost of $4.00 each
Best-Seller Dvds and Magazines are issued for 7 days at a cost of $1.00 each
All Library material* can be renewed:
- by telephone 838 8450 (day or night- just leave a message)
- txt 027 376 2717
- e-mail email@example.com
- by bringing the book into the library. Books can be returned after hours through the slot in the rear of the building.
*Inter-loaned, Best- Sellers and reserved materials will need to be discussed with staff as fees apply.
The maximum number of consecutive renewals is 3, after which the materials will have to be brought in.
Services to Schools
Teachers can request class books by completing request of resources form
Teachers can also arranged please contact our Children's Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees and Charges
- $2 administration fee per letter sent
- $1 per text/phone/email message
- $0.30 per day per adults book
- $0.20 per day per children's book
- $1 per day per bestseller book
- $0.50 per day per bestseller magazine
- $50 suspended account reactivation
- Lost Book - Charges As Per Purchase Cost Plus Administration Fee
- Lost Card-$2.50 per replacement
- Holds $1 per item
- Handling fee-$5.00
- Inter-Loans from libraries that charge an additional fee-$15.00
- $30 per hour with first 15 mins free
- Photocopying/Printing (B&W) A4 single sided-$0.30
- Photocopying/Printing (B&W) A4 double sided-$0.60
- Photocopying/Printing (B&W) A3 single sided-$0.45
- Photocopying/Printing (B&W) A3 double sided-$0.90
- Photocopying/Printing (Colour) A4 single sided-$0.75
- Photocopying/Printing (Colour) A4 double sided-$1.50
- Photocopying/Printing (Colour) A3 single sided-$1.50
- Photocopying/Printing (Colour) A3 double sided-$3.00
- Scanning to email or USB (each 5 page increment)-$1.00
- Self-service scanning to email or USB-FREE
Free Internet Options
Wairoa Public Library provides free computing and Internet access via the Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa (APNK).
APNK desktop PCs are available for customer use and are installed with a range of software: Chrome, Skype and Microsoft Office Online Suite. (Microsoft account is essential for access). Each APNK Chrome Station has USB ports and an audio port for customer headsets (please bring your own).
Free ANPK Wifi access is also available during library opening hours.
Use of the computers is on a first come, first served basis. At busy times a limit of 30 mins per session applies. Bookings are advised. Please ask a staff member or call 8388450 to book a 30 mins session.
Black and white, A4 printing is available from PCs at a cost of 30c per page.
When you are using library computers you should not:
- attempt to violate our computer system security
- do anything illegal, infringe copyright or view offensive material.
- disturb other people's use of the library.
Aotearoa Peoples Network Kaharoa reserves the right to prevent access to objectionable material.
See also Wairoa Public Library's Internet Access Policy. Customers breaching these policies may be banned from using library computers.
Our Best-Sellers are constantly being updated, so check out our list - here